Platform: Windows XP, Vista, 2000
Rating: Age 16 and over
Ancient Wars: Sparta is based on the history of the ancient ages and their main nations. Spartans, Persians and Egyptians are fighting for influence around Asia Minor, Europe and North Africa. Following historical events, the action takes place with different campaigns for all three races. Sparta represents 3D strategy in real time with the newly developed Ancient Wars Engine (AWE), where the player will have to use each nation's powers to be superior over other competitors and build up a dominant culture and civilization.
The main emphasis is on large-scaled battles and complex tactical maneuvers. Players can strategically equip soldiers with weapons of choice. Warriors can be equipped with weapons and shields, can be put on horses or on chariots and be given special abilities. The player can collect abandoned weapons after battles or import powerful weapons from other cultures to build special units. Fire, Wind etc. will effect the whole environment. Cities can be upgraded and turned to fortresses, workers gather resources to ensure a safe economy. Ancient Wars: Sparta offers RTS fans all their favorite gameplay with a vast variety of new features and innovative options.
* Gripping storyline based on realistic historical settings around 500 to 450 BC
* Play three different tribes to conquer the known ancient world with over 30 missions to play through
* Integral use of natural elements and obstacles (wind & fire, physics, height) in game play
* Unit Designer: real-time equipping of units with huge choice of weapons, ability to equip with 2 weapons.
* Featuring a specially developed, cutting edge physics engine
* Unique weapon equipping & trading system
* Specific flora and fauna for different climate zones
* Huge armies with hundreds of units
* Heroes with different roles and abilities
* More than 15 different buildings for each tribe
* Beautifully rendered full 3D environments
* Breathtaking visuals with lovely details on every unit
* Experienced team lead by German The Settlers veteran Torsten Hess